Richard regularly gives me a list of ingredients and asks me to create something tasty. I've never made moussaka so without reading any recipes I headed as normal to the kitchen thinking what can I do. And this was the outcome. If I can do it - you can too!
Ingredients on offer
Packet of minced beef
2 cloves of garlic
Tin of tomatoes
Three fresh bay leaves and a bunch of mint
Gluten free flour
Here is what happened:
It is fairly simple - a dream to cook and the great news you will have leftover for the next day.
1. Roast 1 1/2 aubergines - sliced and coated in olive oil with a little salt at 200 degrees C.
2. Fry your onion, garlic, pepper, courgette, 1/2 aubergine, mince, herbs and fresh ground pepper and salt and then add the tin of tomatoes.
3. Make a white sauce using gluten free flour, butter and milk.
4. Now start the layering process - mince - aubergine - white sauce - repeat then top with cheese.
5. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 and then enjoy your scrumptious dinner. Enjoy x